Help scientists develop novel technology for monitoring brain health!
Participants who complete the study will receive $500 in gift cards/checks
We are recruiting 3 different groups of participants:
- People experiencing difficulties with memory or thinking skills.
- Individuals with no problems with memory or thinking skills.
- Patients with obstructive sleep apnea, who plan to start CPAP treatment within the next 6 months.
You are eligible if you:
- are 45 to 65 years old;
- own and regularly use an Android smartphone with a data plan (Internet);
- don’t plan to switch to an iPhone (or any other non-Android phone) in the next 12 months;
- are not diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, vascular dementia, claustrophobia, stroke, epilepsy, seizures, PTSD, TBI, psychosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, unstable major depression, unstable anxiety disorder, or a health condition preventing you from leaving home;
- are not pregnant or planning to get pregnant in the next year.
The study would require you to:
- attend three in-person lab visits (2-3 hours each) at Northeastern University in Boston over the course of one year;
- participate in thinking and movement tasks and undergo scalp EEG during those three visits;
- let us install our data collection app on your phone during the first visit and keep it on your phone for one year;
- complete brief (10-15 min) thinking tests at home at months 2, 4, 8, and 10.
Participants who complete the study will receive $500 in gift cards and checks (one after each session), and we will cover parking fees.
Lab visits are available 7 days a week, including late evenings!
If you are interested: